Cameron`s local Tory chairman found dead in toilet
London: Christopher Shale, a close friend of
British Prime Minister David Cameron has been found dead in a
portable toilet at the Glastonbury music festival, hours after
a newspaper published a leaked Conservative strategy document,
reportedly authored by him.
Shale, 56, who was the party chairman in Cameron`s west
Oxfordshire constituency, was found dead in a toilet in the
site`s VIP area, The Guardian reported.
It was not immediately clear how Shale died.
Shale`s death coincided with the publication of the
article in the Daily Mail which revealed the contents of a
document, said to be written by him, arguing that the local
party needed to change to boost membership.
Shale was quoted as saying the Tories had come across
over the years as "graceless, voracious, crass, always on the
take" and needed to radically change.
Cameron said he was "devastated" by Shale`s death.
"Sam and I were devastated to hear the news about
Christopher. He was a great friend and has been a huge support
over the last decade in west Oxfordshire.
"A big rock in my life has suddenly been rolled away.
Christopher was one of the most truly generous people I`ve
ever met - he was always giving to others, his time, his help,
his enthusiasm and above all his love of life.
"It was in that spirit that he made a massive
contribution to the Conservative party, both locally and
nationally. Our love and prayers are with Nikki and the
family. They have lost an amazing dad, west Oxfordshire has
lost a big and wonderful man and, like so many others, Sam and
I have lost a close and valued friend."
Glastonbury is a prominent fixture of Britain`s music
calendar. About 170,000 people have descended on a farm in
southwestern England for this year`s event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah