Camilla Fayed `to honour Princess Diana`
London: More than 12 years after her half-brother Dodi Al-Fayed was killed alongside Princess Diana in a car crash in Paris, Camilla Al-Fayed has embarked on a noble mission to honour the late Princess of Wales.
The 25-year-old daughter of Mohamed Al Fayed is backing a fundraising campaign for Diana`s school -- the New School at West Heath in Kent where the Princess was a pupil until the age of 16, the `Sunday Express` reported.
Camilla works full-time as an ambassador for the Al Fayed Foundation which raises millions for charity every year.
Her latest project is Lawnfest, a music and arts fundraiser on June 11 which hopes to create four new bursaries at the school for vulnerable children.
"Last year`s Lawnfest was such a huge success that we decided to make it an annual event. This year, we have Lemar performing but we will also be championing unsung talent in both music and art.”
"The children these bursaries will help are from very disadvantaged backgrounds. They may come from foster homes or have been in care and would never have the chance to attend such a school without a bursary.”
"Being a working mother is never easy but it`s just such a pleasure for me to do this work. Luna`s a good baby and she happily travels around with me. It`s also handy that my mother lives 20 minutes from the school in Sevenoaks so she is always on hand to babysit," Camilla was quoted as saying.
It has been an emotional week for the family, not only with the sale of Harrods to the Qatari royal family, but also the defeat of Al-Fayed`s football team Fulham in Europa Cup.
Camilla added: "Change is hard for everyone but we are all really happy for my father and 100 percent behind his decision. We`re all more than happy to have him home finally."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi