Canada: 3 dead, 1 critical after campus shooting
Edmonton: An early-morning shooting left three dead and one in critical condition at the University of Alberta campus in Canada, police said on Friday.
The shooting was an apparent armed robbery of an armoured vehicle or vehicles, police spokesman Scott Pattison said. Police continue to look for the shooter or shooters.
"The university was quickly put into lockdown," Pattison said. "It`s a crime scene, so students are required to stay in their dorms."
The police spokesman said no students were involved. The shooting happened shortly after midnight in the Hub Mall area, which is a combination of student residences and shops. It`s the university`s summer session, so fewer students are living on campus.
"The university is saddened about those who lost their lives last night and we extend our condolences to their loved ones," the university said on its website. It said the rest of the campus is operating as normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter