Canada expels remaining Libyan diplomats
Ottawa: Canada has ordered all remaining
Libyan diplomats to leave the country within five days, officials say.
Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said in a statement
yesterday that Canada has declared the diplomats persona-non
-grata, effective immediately.
Baird calls the decision the latest step in Canada`s
efforts to legitimise the regime of Muammar Gaddafi.
The diplomats have five business days to vacate the
Libyan Embassy in Ottawa and leave the country.
Baird says Canada is also cutting off the diplomats`
access to the embassy`s bank accounts.
Canada is part of the NATO mission enforcing a
UN-sanctioned no-fly zone over Libya.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok