Canada expels remaining Libyan diplomats
Ottawa: Canada has ordered all remaining
Libyan diplomats to leave the country within five days, officials say.
Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said in a statement
yesterday that Canada has declared the diplomats persona-non
-grata, effective immediately.
Baird calls the decision the latest step in Canada`s
efforts to legitimise the regime of Muammar Gaddafi.
The diplomats have five business days to vacate the
Libyan Embassy in Ottawa and leave the country.
Baird says Canada is also cutting off the diplomats`
access to the embassy`s bank accounts.
Canada is part of the NATO mission enforcing a
UN-sanctioned no-fly zone over Libya.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32