Canada expels remaining Libyan diplomats
Ottawa: Canada has ordered all remaining
Libyan diplomats to leave the country within five days, officials say.
Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said in a statement
yesterday that Canada has declared the diplomats persona-non
-grata, effective immediately.
Baird calls the decision the latest step in Canada`s
efforts to legitimise the regime of Muammar Gaddafi.
The diplomats have five business days to vacate the
Libyan Embassy in Ottawa and leave the country.
Baird says Canada is also cutting off the diplomats`
access to the embassy`s bank accounts.
Canada is part of the NATO mission enforcing a
UN-sanctioned no-fly zone over Libya.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt