Canada recalls diplomats from Israel, West Bank
Ottawa: Canada`s foreign affairs minister John Baird is temporarily recalling senior diplomats from Israel, the West Bank and the United Nations missions in New York and Geneva to assess the implications of UN General Assembly vote to recognise the Palestinians as a non-member observer state.
Baird also said on Thursday that Canada will review its whole relationship with the Palestinian Authority.
Calling the General Assembly decision an impediment to peace, Baird added he is "deeply disappointed" by the UN vote, in which Canada joined Israel, the United States and a few other countries in voting "No".
He said the only way to peace in the Middle East is through negotiations, not what he called unilateral actions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder