Canada recalls diplomats from Israel, West Bank
Ottawa: Canada`s foreign affairs minister John Baird is temporarily recalling senior diplomats from Israel, the West Bank and the United Nations missions in New York and Geneva to assess the implications of UN General Assembly vote to recognise the Palestinians as a non-member observer state.
Baird also said on Thursday that Canada will review its whole relationship with the Palestinian Authority.
Calling the General Assembly decision an impediment to peace, Baird added he is "deeply disappointed" by the UN vote, in which Canada joined Israel, the United States and a few other countries in voting "No".
He said the only way to peace in the Middle East is through negotiations, not what he called unilateral actions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj