Canada recalls diplomats from Israel, West Bank
Ottawa: Canada`s foreign affairs minister John Baird is temporarily recalling senior diplomats from Israel, the West Bank and the United Nations missions in New York and Geneva to assess the implications of UN General Assembly vote to recognise the Palestinians as a non-member observer state.
Baird also said on Thursday that Canada will review its whole relationship with the Palestinian Authority.
Calling the General Assembly decision an impediment to peace, Baird added he is "deeply disappointed" by the UN vote, in which Canada joined Israel, the United States and a few other countries in voting "No".
He said the only way to peace in the Middle East is through negotiations, not what he called unilateral actions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lok Sabha expresses concern over missing Indian Air Force's AN 32 aircraft
- Massive search continues for missing IAF plane on Day 4; 13 Navy vessels, 2 ships deployed
- Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani arrested for defying restrictions
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: PM Narendra Modi intervenes, seeks details of controversy from WFI president
- India won't tolerate any insult to its Army - Must Read