Canada removes diplomat who spat on cop: Tanzania
Arusha: Canadian officials say they have withdrawn a diplomat from Tanzania after the government said he spat on a police officer.
Canadian High Commissioner Robert Orr said in a statement late Sunday that the Canadian government will return the official because of the Dec. 9 incident.
Tanzania`s foreign ministry identified him as Jean Touchatte, a private secretary at the Canadian High Commission.
The Tanzanian government said Touchatte spat at a policeman during a traffic jam in Dares Salaam, the country`s commercial capital.
He was taken for questioning to a police station but released because of his diplomatic immunity. Media outlets said he also spat on a journalist who had tried to interview him at the police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened