Canada removes diplomat who spat on cop: Tanzania
Arusha: Canadian officials say they have withdrawn a diplomat from Tanzania after the government said he spat on a police officer.
Canadian High Commissioner Robert Orr said in a statement late Sunday that the Canadian government will return the official because of the Dec. 9 incident.
Tanzania`s foreign ministry identified him as Jean Touchatte, a private secretary at the Canadian High Commission.
The Tanzanian government said Touchatte spat at a policeman during a traffic jam in Dares Salaam, the country`s commercial capital.
He was taken for questioning to a police station but released because of his diplomatic immunity. Media outlets said he also spat on a journalist who had tried to interview him at the police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16