Canada removes diplomat who spat on cop: Tanzania
Arusha: Canadian officials say they have withdrawn a diplomat from Tanzania after the government said he spat on a police officer.
Canadian High Commissioner Robert Orr said in a statement late Sunday that the Canadian government will return the official because of the Dec. 9 incident.
Tanzania`s foreign ministry identified him as Jean Touchatte, a private secretary at the Canadian High Commission.
The Tanzanian government said Touchatte spat at a policeman during a traffic jam in Dares Salaam, the country`s commercial capital.
He was taken for questioning to a police station but released because of his diplomatic immunity. Media outlets said he also spat on a journalist who had tried to interview him at the police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you