Canada runaway train blast toll rises to 13
Toronto: Canadian authorities probing a deadly weekend train derailment in Quebec have said that the death toll has risen to 13.
It is reported that the police officers are yet to investigate how a driverless 73-car train carrying crude oil derailed and exploded in Lac-Megantic town of Quebec.
According to the report, large swaths of the small town were leveled in the explosion and about 30 buildings were demolished.
Authorities have warned the death toll is expected to rise, but said the search for bodies has been hindered because of difficulties accessing the site of the worst-hit parts of town.
The officials have started a criminal investigation into the causes of the accident, report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal