Canada seeks G8 censure of N Korea for ship sinking
Huntsville: Canada is seeking a strong
condemnation by G8 leaders of North Korea for the sinking of a
South Korean warship, a top Canadian official said on Saturday.
"Canada`s view is that there has to be a strong
condemnation of these attacks and that... we must state
strongly that they must not carry on such attacks in the
future," said Canadian government spokesman Dimitri Soudas.
The heads of the world`s eight richest nations were
set to debate North Korea`s alleged sinking in March of the
South Korean 1,200-tonne warship Cheonan at the second day of
The final communique will be watched closely by
diplomats as it can set the stage for any UN action over the
incident, which had left 46 sailors dead.
The move comes as North and South Korea marked the
60th anniversary yesterday of the war that left the Korean
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know