Canada`s mint unveils William and Kate coins
Ottawa: The Royal Canadian Mint unveiled on Wednesday two collector coins commemorating the upcoming nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
A 20-dollar silver coin features an engraving of the newly-engaged couple and on its face side the image of William`s grandmother Queen Elizabeth II, created by Canadian artists Laurie McGaw and Susan Blunt.
A coloured 25-cent nickel plated steel coin depicts a colour reproduction of a photograph taken of William and Kate attending the wedding of friend Chiara Hunt in Salzburg, Austria in 2008.
They are to be sold for CAN$104.95 and CAN$25.95, respectively.
William and Kate are to visit Canada from June 30 to July 08, two months after their wedding in London`s Westminster Abbey on April 29. It will be their first official trip outside Britain as newlyweds.
The search and rescue pilot is directly in line to become Canada`s King after his father Prince Charles, the heir to the throne in the 16 Commonwealth realms, including Britain, Australia and New Zealand.
The tour by William, 28, and Kate, 29, will include Alberta, the Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and the capital Ottawa, said St James`s Palace.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living