Canada`s mint unveils William and Kate coins
Ottawa: The Royal Canadian Mint unveiled on Wednesday two collector coins commemorating the upcoming nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
A 20-dollar silver coin features an engraving of the newly-engaged couple and on its face side the image of William`s grandmother Queen Elizabeth II, created by Canadian artists Laurie McGaw and Susan Blunt.
A coloured 25-cent nickel plated steel coin depicts a colour reproduction of a photograph taken of William and Kate attending the wedding of friend Chiara Hunt in Salzburg, Austria in 2008.
They are to be sold for CAN$104.95 and CAN$25.95, respectively.
William and Kate are to visit Canada from June 30 to July 08, two months after their wedding in London`s Westminster Abbey on April 29. It will be their first official trip outside Britain as newlyweds.
The search and rescue pilot is directly in line to become Canada`s King after his father Prince Charles, the heir to the throne in the 16 Commonwealth realms, including Britain, Australia and New Zealand.
The tour by William, 28, and Kate, 29, will include Alberta, the Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and the capital Ottawa, said St James`s Palace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!