Canada`s mint unveils William and Kate coins
Ottawa: The Royal Canadian Mint unveiled on Wednesday two collector coins commemorating the upcoming nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
A 20-dollar silver coin features an engraving of the newly-engaged couple and on its face side the image of William`s grandmother Queen Elizabeth II, created by Canadian artists Laurie McGaw and Susan Blunt.
A coloured 25-cent nickel plated steel coin depicts a colour reproduction of a photograph taken of William and Kate attending the wedding of friend Chiara Hunt in Salzburg, Austria in 2008.
They are to be sold for CAN$104.95 and CAN$25.95, respectively.
William and Kate are to visit Canada from June 30 to July 08, two months after their wedding in London`s Westminster Abbey on April 29. It will be their first official trip outside Britain as newlyweds.
The search and rescue pilot is directly in line to become Canada`s King after his father Prince Charles, the heir to the throne in the 16 Commonwealth realms, including Britain, Australia and New Zealand.
The tour by William, 28, and Kate, 29, will include Alberta, the Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and the capital Ottawa, said St James`s Palace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch