Canada’s royal wedding gift: outdoor gear, donation
Ottawa: Canada announced on Wednesday its
wedding gift for Prince William and Kate Middleton: a donation
in their name to a search and rescue group and wilderness gear
"to experience Canada`s natural splendor."
The Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary was chosen by the
couple to be the beneficiary of a special charitable fund set
up to celebrate their wedding and to which the Canadian
government is donating CAN USD 50,000.
The not-for-profit organisation`s volunteers provide
search and rescue and nautical safety programs in support of
the Canadian Coast Guard.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his wife Laureen
have also arranged for a personal gift of "outdoor equipment
for use when the royal couple experience Canada`s natural
splendor later this year," said a statement.
William and Kate are to visit Canada from June 30 to
July 8, two months after their wedding on April 29. It will be
their first official trip outside Britain as newlyweds.
William, a search and rescue pilot, is in line after
his father Prince Charles to the throne for the 16
Commonwealth realms, including Britain, Canada Australia and
The Canadian tour by William, 28, and Kate, 29, will
include Alberta, the Northwest Territories, Prince Edward
Island, Quebec and the capital Ottawa, said St James`s Palace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31