Canada`s Supreme Court strikes down curbs on prostitution
Ottawa: Canada`s Supreme Court on Friday struck down key portions of a law that effectively criminalized prostitution by banning brothels and soliciting on the street, declaring this disproportionate.
But it stayed its ruling for one year to allow Parliament to consider whether or not impose other limits on where and how prostitution may be conducted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened