Canadian police rescue man at Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls (Ontario): A man who had threatened to jump off the brink of Niagara Falls was rescued by authorities in Canada after five hours of negotiations.
Buffalo-area media report that the unidentified man had threatened to jump off Table Rock near the brink of the Horseshoe Falls yesterday on the Canadian side of the falls. Rescuers climbed out to bring the man to safety.
The attraction was closed for about five hours after the man was spotted near the brink at about 7:30 a.m. local time.
The man was taken to a Canadian hospital for treatment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India