Canadian police rescue man at Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls (Ontario): A man who had threatened to jump off the brink of Niagara Falls was rescued by authorities in Canada after five hours of negotiations.
Buffalo-area media report that the unidentified man had threatened to jump off Table Rock near the brink of the Horseshoe Falls yesterday on the Canadian side of the falls. Rescuers climbed out to bring the man to safety.
The attraction was closed for about five hours after the man was spotted near the brink at about 7:30 a.m. local time.
The man was taken to a Canadian hospital for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming