Canadian teachers lose jobs over school lap dance
Ottawa: Two Canadian teachers have lost
their jobs for performing a raunchy lap dance in front of high
school students that became an overnight Internet sensation,
education officials said on Tuesday.
"The Winnipeg School Division has accepted teacher
Chrystie Fitchner`s resignation. The short term contract for
Adeil Ahmed has run its course and expired ... and will not be
renewed," said a statement.
Both teachers at the Churchill High School were suspended
last month for performing "an inappropriate dance during a
school spirit week," it said.
Their lewd performance during a teachers` "dance-off"
competition in the school`s gymnasium was recorded on February
17 by a student using what appeared to be a cell phone and
later distributed online.
By the next day, it had become a hit on video-sharing
websites, and Canada`s public broadcaster CBC aired it
nationwide the following week.
The clip showed students giggling, gasping and screaming
as a male teacher bumps and grinds against a female colleague
seated in a chair in the middle of the crowded gymnasium.
It provoked mixed reactions from "appalling" to "harmless
fun" in Canadian online forums.
"If it were up to me personally, I would fire them both,"
Winnipeg School Division trustee Mike Babinsky said at the
time. "Teachers are mentors to our children. This is the kind
of stuff I don`t want kids to mimic."
"They so, so crossed the line," a parent, whose daughter
showed her the video, groaned to the Winnipeg Free Press.
"It embarrassed me. While we were first watching it, I
said, `They crossed the line.` My daughter said, `Wait, it
The male teacher also appeared in the one-minute video
bobbing his head near the female teacher`s genitals in an
apparent simulation of oral sex and grinding his hips against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh