Car bomb explodes in Damascus, four die
Damascus: A booby-trapped car went off Thursday in front of a government research center in the Syrian capital, leaving four people dead and many wounded, Xinhua reported.
The car exploded near a government-run industrial research facility at the Somarieh suburb, the state TV said.
The channel aired footage of the blast site, showing piles of debris, burnt shops and cars. The Somarieh area houses a residential compound of Syrian army and police officers along with various shops.
The blast comes at a time Damascus is under international pressure as the US plans to attack Syria.
This follows allegations that the Syrian government unleashed nerve gas attacks in the countryside of Damascus last month. The government has denied this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?