Car bomb explodes in Damascus, four die
Damascus: A booby-trapped car went off Thursday in front of a government research center in the Syrian capital, leaving four people dead and many wounded, Xinhua reported.
The car exploded near a government-run industrial research facility at the Somarieh suburb, the state TV said.
The channel aired footage of the blast site, showing piles of debris, burnt shops and cars. The Somarieh area houses a residential compound of Syrian army and police officers along with various shops.
The blast comes at a time Damascus is under international pressure as the US plans to attack Syria.
This follows allegations that the Syrian government unleashed nerve gas attacks in the countryside of Damascus last month. The government has denied this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown