Car bomb explodes in Northern Ireland: Police
London: A car bomb exploded early on Tuesday in the Northern Irish city of Londonderry, causing substantial damage to nearby shops, police said.
A warning was received about an hour before the explosion and houses and businesses in the area were evacuated, Londonderry police said in a statement, adding that there had been no reports of injuries.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Attacks by nationalist splinter groups seeking to end British control of Northern Ireland are at their highest level since a 1998 peace agreement largely ended three decades of conflict that cost more than 3,600 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!