Car bomb explosion outside Somali prime minster`s office
Mogadishu: A car bomb exploded on Friday killing its driver outside the office of Somalia`s prime minister in the capital Mogadishu.
According to lawmaker Abdullahi Musa, a fellow MP was killed in the car blast, the latest in a string of attacks in Mogadishu, many of them claimed by al Qaeda-linked Shebab insurgents.
It appeared that an explosive device had been attached to the car, which exploded outside the heavily fortified walls of the government offices, one of the most secure areas in Mogadishu.
There was no immediate claim of any responsiblity.
The Shebab have been driven out of fixed positions in Somalia`s major towns by a UN-mandated African Union force, but still regularly launch attacks that include bombs and guerrilla-style raids.
Yesterday, at least eight people were killed when a suicide car bomber rammed a convoy in Somalia`s northern port of Bossasso.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details