Car bomb explosion outside Somali prime minster`s office
Mogadishu: A car bomb exploded on Friday killing its driver outside the office of Somalia`s prime minister in the capital Mogadishu.
According to lawmaker Abdullahi Musa, a fellow MP was killed in the car blast, the latest in a string of attacks in Mogadishu, many of them claimed by al Qaeda-linked Shebab insurgents.
It appeared that an explosive device had been attached to the car, which exploded outside the heavily fortified walls of the government offices, one of the most secure areas in Mogadishu.
There was no immediate claim of any responsiblity.
The Shebab have been driven out of fixed positions in Somalia`s major towns by a UN-mandated African Union force, but still regularly launch attacks that include bombs and guerrilla-style raids.
Yesterday, at least eight people were killed when a suicide car bomber rammed a convoy in Somalia`s northern port of Bossasso.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump