Car bomb goes off near gov`t troops checkpoint in Syria
Damascus: A car bomb went off near a checkpoint of government troops at Syria`s northwestern province of Idlib on Wednesday, leaving great material damages, Syrian private media said.
There have been no further details on casualties, but local media said the blast, which took place at Saraqeb area in Idlib, had left great material damages.
Also in Idlib Wednesday, government troops have repelled an attack by armed men on a military checkpoint at Khirbet Martin area, reports said.
Meanwhile, the state-run news agency SANA said that many armed men were killed Wednesday while trying to enter the northern province of Aleppo.
In separate accounts, the oppositional Local Coordination Committees (LCC) said the Saraqeb area of Idlib has been under heavy bombardment. The LCC also reported heavy shelling on the Bukamal area in the eastern province of Deir al-Zour.
Yet, the activists` claim couldn`t be checked independently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant