Car bomb goes off near gov`t troops checkpoint in Syria
Damascus: A car bomb went off near a checkpoint of government troops at Syria`s northwestern province of Idlib on Wednesday, leaving great material damages, Syrian private media said.
There have been no further details on casualties, but local media said the blast, which took place at Saraqeb area in Idlib, had left great material damages.
Also in Idlib Wednesday, government troops have repelled an attack by armed men on a military checkpoint at Khirbet Martin area, reports said.
Meanwhile, the state-run news agency SANA said that many armed men were killed Wednesday while trying to enter the northern province of Aleppo.
In separate accounts, the oppositional Local Coordination Committees (LCC) said the Saraqeb area of Idlib has been under heavy bombardment. The LCC also reported heavy shelling on the Bukamal area in the eastern province of Deir al-Zour.
Yet, the activists` claim couldn`t be checked independently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam