Car bomb in Iraq kills 7, including 3 Iranians
Baghdad: An Iraqi health official says seven people, including three Iranian pilgrims, were killed when an explosives-laden car detonated as they were exiting a rest stop north of Baghdad.
The health official says some 30 other people were wounded in today`s blast in the town of Balad, some 80 kilometres north of Baghdad. He says the wounded were Shiite pilgrims from Iraq, Iran and Pakistan. He spoke anonymously because he wasn`t authorised to talk to the media.
They were traveling from a shrine in the northern city of Samarra to another in nearby Balad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes