Car bomb in Iraq kills 7, including 3 Iranians
Baghdad: An Iraqi health official says seven people, including three Iranian pilgrims, were killed when an explosives-laden car detonated as they were exiting a rest stop north of Baghdad.
The health official says some 30 other people were wounded in today`s blast in the town of Balad, some 80 kilometres north of Baghdad. He says the wounded were Shiite pilgrims from Iraq, Iran and Pakistan. He spoke anonymously because he wasn`t authorised to talk to the media.
They were traveling from a shrine in the northern city of Samarra to another in nearby Balad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption