Car bomb kills 1, injures 2 in eastern Syria
Damascus: At least one person was killed and two children were injured when a suicide car bomb exploded Saturday in eastern Syria`s Deir al-Zour province, pro-government al-Ekhbaria TV said.
The state-TV said an Army unit clashed Saturday morning with an armed "terrorist" cell that was trying to get into the restive Damascus`` suburb of Daraya, adding that the Army killed and injured a large number of its members.
The TV reported that clashes also took place in the district of Barza in Damascus earlier Saturday, noting that the government troops have inflicted heavy tolls on the opposition fighters.
Meanwhile, activists reported clashes and shelling in a number of suburbs around the capital, mainly in the districts of al-Hajar al-Aswad and al-Tadamun, where four children were killed by the shelling.
The activists` report could not be checked independently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah