Car bomb kills 1, injures 2 in eastern Syria
Damascus: At least one person was killed and two children were injured when a suicide car bomb exploded Saturday in eastern Syria`s Deir al-Zour province, pro-government al-Ekhbaria TV said.
The state-TV said an Army unit clashed Saturday morning with an armed "terrorist" cell that was trying to get into the restive Damascus`` suburb of Daraya, adding that the Army killed and injured a large number of its members.
The TV reported that clashes also took place in the district of Barza in Damascus earlier Saturday, noting that the government troops have inflicted heavy tolls on the opposition fighters.
Meanwhile, activists reported clashes and shelling in a number of suburbs around the capital, mainly in the districts of al-Hajar al-Aswad and al-Tadamun, where four children were killed by the shelling.
The activists` report could not be checked independently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Quran desecration case: AAP MLA Naresh Yadav sent to 2-day police custody
- Beijing dodges ASEAN rebuke over South China Sea row
- Afghan civilian casualties at record high in first half of 2016: UN
- Nepal likely to form consensus government within seven days of Oli resigning
- Hemant Soren complains against top police officer