Car bomb kills 1, injures 2 in eastern Syria
Damascus: At least one person was killed and two children were injured when a suicide car bomb exploded Saturday in eastern Syria`s Deir al-Zour province, pro-government al-Ekhbaria TV said.
The state-TV said an Army unit clashed Saturday morning with an armed "terrorist" cell that was trying to get into the restive Damascus`` suburb of Daraya, adding that the Army killed and injured a large number of its members.
The TV reported that clashes also took place in the district of Barza in Damascus earlier Saturday, noting that the government troops have inflicted heavy tolls on the opposition fighters.
Meanwhile, activists reported clashes and shelling in a number of suburbs around the capital, mainly in the districts of al-Hajar al-Aswad and al-Tadamun, where four children were killed by the shelling.
The activists` report could not be checked independently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- Rags to riches: Bihar welder's son bags Rs 1 crore job offer with Microsoft