Car bomb kills 13 in Baghdad: Iraqi officials
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a car bomb went off near two government offices in central Baghdad on Monday, killing at least 13 people and wounding more than 50.
Two police officials say the explosives-rigged car was parked near an office for Shiite Muslim religious affairs and the city`s health department in the Bab al-Muadham area.
The explosion on Monday damaged nearby buildings and cars. It occurred at about 11 am.
A doctor in a nearby hospital confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad