Car bomb kills 13 in Baghdad: Iraqi officials
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a car bomb went off near two government offices in central Baghdad on Monday, killing at least 13 people and wounding more than 50.
Two police officials say the explosives-rigged car was parked near an office for Shiite Muslim religious affairs and the city`s health department in the Bab al-Muadham area.
The explosion on Monday damaged nearby buildings and cars. It occurred at about 11 am.
A doctor in a nearby hospital confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore