Car bomb kills 13 in Baghdad: Iraqi officials
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a car bomb went off near two government offices in central Baghdad on Monday, killing at least 13 people and wounding more than 50.
Two police officials say the explosives-rigged car was parked near an office for Shiite Muslim religious affairs and the city`s health department in the Bab al-Muadham area.
The explosion on Monday damaged nearby buildings and cars. It occurred at about 11 am.
A doctor in a nearby hospital confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred