Car bomb kills 13 in Baghdad: Iraqi officials
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a car bomb went off near two government offices in central Baghdad on Monday, killing at least 13 people and wounding more than 50.
Two police officials say the explosives-rigged car was parked near an office for Shiite Muslim religious affairs and the city`s health department in the Bab al-Muadham area.
The explosion on Monday damaged nearby buildings and cars. It occurred at about 11 am.
A doctor in a nearby hospital confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- GST listing in Rajya Sabha likely this week, Arun Jaitley to meet state FMs
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone