Car bomb kills 4 north of Baghdad: Iraq officials
Baghdad: Officials say a car bomb explosion has killed four civilians and wounded 6 others north of Baghdad.
A police officer says the explosives-laden vehicle was parked near a protest camp in the city of Samarra when it exploded today. The officer spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorised to release information.
The head of the Salahuddin provincial health directorate, Raed Ibrahim, confirmed the casualty figures. Samarra is 95 kilometres north of Baghdad.
Since December, Iraq`s Sunni minority community has been staging demonstrations over what they call second-class treatment by the Shiite-led government. In some place clashes erupted between security forces and protesters. The deadliest was in the northern town of Hawija in April, where 23 people were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read