Car bomb kills 5 in Baghdad: Iraqi officials
Baghdad: Iraqi police and health officials say a car bomb explosion in western Baghdad has killed five people and wounded 13.
Two police officers say the parked car bomb went off this morning in the upscale Mansour district but narrowly missed a passing convoy of employees working for a foreign security company.
They say three policemen were among those wounded in the attack. The police could not immediately provide the name of the security company.
A medical official in a nearby hospital confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk to the media.
Violence has dropped in Iraq since the height of insurgency a few years ago but militants still launch deadly attacks, mainly in the capital, Baghdad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!