Car bomb kills 5 in Baghdad: Iraqi officials
Baghdad: Iraqi police and health officials say a car bomb explosion in western Baghdad has killed five people and wounded 13.
Two police officers say the parked car bomb went off this morning in the upscale Mansour district but narrowly missed a passing convoy of employees working for a foreign security company.
They say three policemen were among those wounded in the attack. The police could not immediately provide the name of the security company.
A medical official in a nearby hospital confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk to the media.
Violence has dropped in Iraq since the height of insurgency a few years ago but militants still launch deadly attacks, mainly in the capital, Baghdad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH