Car bomb kills 5 in Baghdad: Iraqi officials
Baghdad: Iraqi police and health officials say a car bomb explosion in western Baghdad has killed five people and wounded 13.
Two police officers say the parked car bomb went off this morning in the upscale Mansour district but narrowly missed a passing convoy of employees working for a foreign security company.
They say three policemen were among those wounded in the attack. The police could not immediately provide the name of the security company.
A medical official in a nearby hospital confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk to the media.
Violence has dropped in Iraq since the height of insurgency a few years ago but militants still launch deadly attacks, mainly in the capital, Baghdad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai