Car bomb kills 5 in Baghdad: Iraqi officials
Baghdad: Iraqi police and health officials say a car bomb explosion in western Baghdad has killed five people and wounded 13.
Two police officers say the parked car bomb went off this morning in the upscale Mansour district but narrowly missed a passing convoy of employees working for a foreign security company.
They say three policemen were among those wounded in the attack. The police could not immediately provide the name of the security company.
A medical official in a nearby hospital confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk to the media.
Violence has dropped in Iraq since the height of insurgency a few years ago but militants still launch deadly attacks, mainly in the capital, Baghdad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29