Car bomb kills 5 in Baghdad: Iraqi officials
Baghdad: Iraqi police and health officials say a car bomb explosion in western Baghdad has killed five people and wounded 13.
Two police officers say the parked car bomb went off this morning in the upscale Mansour district but narrowly missed a passing convoy of employees working for a foreign security company.
They say three policemen were among those wounded in the attack. The police could not immediately provide the name of the security company.
A medical official in a nearby hospital confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk to the media.
Violence has dropped in Iraq since the height of insurgency a few years ago but militants still launch deadly attacks, mainly in the capital, Baghdad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?