Car bomb kills eight in Syria
Damascus: At least eight people were killed and 10 others wounded when a car bomb ripped through a Damascus district Saturday night, local media and activists said.
A huge explosive device was planted under a car in the northeastern district of Ruken Addien, the state media said, adding that bomb squads dismantled another explosive device in the same area, reports Xinhua.
Meanwhile, the oppositional Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said four of those killed were government soldiers and the bomb was affixed under a government troops` vehicle.
Earlier in the day, several explosions rocked the countryside of Damascus, killing at least eight people in all.
Bombing and mortar attacks have become daily routine in Syria whose government blames the al Qaeda terrorist network for creating chaos across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16