Car bomb north of Baghdad kills 3 Iraqi soldiers
Baghdad: An Iraqi official says a bomb blast
north of Baghdad has killed three Iraqi soldiers, hours before
the nation`s parliament is to reconvene after Sunni-backed
lawmakers ended their boycott to protest persecution of Sunni
Police spokesman in Diyala province, Maj Ghalib al-Karkhi,
says a parked car bomb detonated near a military patrol
yesterday in Baqouba, killing three soldiers and wounding
Baqouba is a former al-Qaida stronghold, 60 kilometres
northeast of Baghdad.
Al Qaida has frequently targeted Iraqi security forces
since the US troops left in December.
The group appears to be exploiting a political crisis that
has erupted after the Shiite-led government issued an arrest
warrant for the Sunni vice president on terrorism charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman