Car bomb north of Baghdad kills 3 Iraqi soldiers
Baghdad: An Iraqi official says a bomb blast
north of Baghdad has killed three Iraqi soldiers, hours before
the nation`s parliament is to reconvene after Sunni-backed
lawmakers ended their boycott to protest persecution of Sunni
Police spokesman in Diyala province, Maj Ghalib al-Karkhi,
says a parked car bomb detonated near a military patrol
yesterday in Baqouba, killing three soldiers and wounding
Baqouba is a former al-Qaida stronghold, 60 kilometres
northeast of Baghdad.
Al Qaida has frequently targeted Iraqi security forces
since the US troops left in December.
The group appears to be exploiting a political crisis that
has erupted after the Shiite-led government issued an arrest
warrant for the Sunni vice president on terrorism charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble