Car bomb north of Baghdad kills 3 Iraqi soldiers
Baghdad: An Iraqi official says a bomb blast
north of Baghdad has killed three Iraqi soldiers, hours before
the nation`s parliament is to reconvene after Sunni-backed
lawmakers ended their boycott to protest persecution of Sunni
Police spokesman in Diyala province, Maj Ghalib al-Karkhi,
says a parked car bomb detonated near a military patrol
yesterday in Baqouba, killing three soldiers and wounding
Baqouba is a former al-Qaida stronghold, 60 kilometres
northeast of Baghdad.
Al Qaida has frequently targeted Iraqi security forces
since the US troops left in December.
The group appears to be exploiting a political crisis that
has erupted after the Shiite-led government issued an arrest
warrant for the Sunni vice president on terrorism charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about