Car bomb north of Baghdad kills 3 Iraqi soldiers
Baghdad: An Iraqi official says a bomb blast
north of Baghdad has killed three Iraqi soldiers, hours before
the nation`s parliament is to reconvene after Sunni-backed
lawmakers ended their boycott to protest persecution of Sunni
Police spokesman in Diyala province, Maj Ghalib al-Karkhi,
says a parked car bomb detonated near a military patrol
yesterday in Baqouba, killing three soldiers and wounding
Baqouba is a former al-Qaida stronghold, 60 kilometres
northeast of Baghdad.
Al Qaida has frequently targeted Iraqi security forces
since the US troops left in December.
The group appears to be exploiting a political crisis that
has erupted after the Shiite-led government issued an arrest
warrant for the Sunni vice president on terrorism charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Indian daughters' endeavours in Rio; demands all-round focus in sports
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend