Car bomb, roadside blast kill 4 people in Iraq
Baghdad: Officials say a car bomb at a livestock market southeast of Baghdad and a roadside bombing in the Iraqi capital have killed four people and wounded 16.
Police officials say the first attack took place this morning when a car bomb tore through the crowded livestock market in Aziziyah town, killing three people and wounding eight. Some sheep were also killed in the explosion. The town is 55 kilometres southeast of Baghdad.
The officials say that a few hours later, a roadside bomb missed a police patrol in western Baghdad but killed a bystander and wounded eight people. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq, but insurgent attacks are still frequent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town