Car bomb, roadside blast kill 4 people in Iraq
Baghdad: Officials say a car bomb at a livestock market southeast of Baghdad and a roadside bombing in the Iraqi capital have killed four people and wounded 16.
Police officials say the first attack took place this morning when a car bomb tore through the crowded livestock market in Aziziyah town, killing three people and wounding eight. Some sheep were also killed in the explosion. The town is 55 kilometres southeast of Baghdad.
The officials say that a few hours later, a roadside bomb missed a police patrol in western Baghdad but killed a bystander and wounded eight people. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq, but insurgent attacks are still frequent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog