Car bomb, roadside blast kill 4 people in Iraq
Baghdad: Officials say a car bomb at a livestock market southeast of Baghdad and a roadside bombing in the Iraqi capital have killed four people and wounded 16.
Police officials say the first attack took place this morning when a car bomb tore through the crowded livestock market in Aziziyah town, killing three people and wounding eight. Some sheep were also killed in the explosion. The town is 55 kilometres southeast of Baghdad.
The officials say that a few hours later, a roadside bomb missed a police patrol in western Baghdad but killed a bystander and wounded eight people. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq, but insurgent attacks are still frequent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes