Car bombing in Syria, 15 killed
Damascus: At least 15 people were killed in Syria on Saturday when a booby-trapped car exploded at a restive suburb of Damascus in the evening, Xinhua reported.
It was the third car bomb blast hitting the country in a single day.
The car went off near a mosque in the Sbaineh suburb, reported state-run SANA news agency, adding that 15 civilians had been killed. The area is dominated by Palestinian refugees.
Earlier in the day, an explosive device ripped through an Army officer`s car in the Damascus` Rukn Addien district, killing the officer and injuring others, the state media said.
In Deir al-Zour province, one person was killed and two kids were injured when a suicide car bomb exploded on Saturday, al-Ekhbaria TV said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir