Car bombing in Syria, 15 killed
Damascus: At least 15 people were killed in Syria on Saturday when a booby-trapped car exploded at a restive suburb of Damascus in the evening, Xinhua reported.
It was the third car bomb blast hitting the country in a single day.
The car went off near a mosque in the Sbaineh suburb, reported state-run SANA news agency, adding that 15 civilians had been killed. The area is dominated by Palestinian refugees.
Earlier in the day, an explosive device ripped through an Army officer`s car in the Damascus` Rukn Addien district, killing the officer and injuring others, the state media said.
In Deir al-Zour province, one person was killed and two kids were injured when a suicide car bomb exploded on Saturday, al-Ekhbaria TV said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'