Car bombing kills 14 soldiers in Yemen
Sana`a: At least 14 soldiers were killed on Saturday in car bombing attack on a military intelligence compound in Yemen`s southern port city of Aden, Xinhua reported.
More than 10 soldiers were wounded when a booby-trapped car blew up in a street in Tawahi district of Aden where a military intelligence headquarters and a local state TV building are located, police said.
The powerful blast was followed by heavy gunfire from unidentified attackers suspected to be al Qaeda militants.
An official termed it a "well-planned attack".
The explosion hit the "least-guarded rear gate" of the military complex, he said.
Witnesses said the attackers targeted the military base with three rocket-propelled grenades and later fled in pick-up trucks.
No one claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown