Car bombs in Iraq kill 9 people: Officials
Baghdad: Officials say two car bombings in Iraq have killed nine people and wounded 27.
Police officials say in the larger of the two attacks, a car bomb exploded near a car repair shops in Aziziyah town.
Seven people were killed and 20 were wounded in that blast. Aziziyah is 55 kilometers (35 miles) southeast of Baghdad.
Earlier today, a car bomb went off targeting an army patrol north of Baghdad, killing two soldiers and wounding seven people, five of them were civilians.
Medics in nearby hospitals confirmed the death toll. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak to the media.
The bombings came a day after a string of deadly attacks across Iraq killed 55 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal