Car bombs kill 13, wound 75 in Iraq capital
Baghdad: Bombs in two parked cars exploded in a mainly Shi`ite area of Iraq`s capital on Tuesday, killing at least 13 people and wounding 75, police and hospital sources said.
The first blast occurred near a group of laborers gathered to wait for jobs and the second near a traffic intersection, both in the northeastern Sadr City area of Baghdad.
Iraq has been hit by a number of bombings targeting Shi`ites after a political crisis that has threatened to break up its fragile coalition government and raised fears of renewed sectarian violence after U.S. troops pulled out in mid-December.
Violence in Iraq has dropped sharply from the height of sectarian killing in 2006-2007, but insurgents and militias still carry out daily attacks and assassinations in an attempt to undermine the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir