Car bombs kill 20 people in Iraq: Officials
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a wave of car bombs, mainly targeting markets in and near Baghdad, has killed 20 people and wounded dozens.
Police officials say the deadliest among today`s attacks came before sunset, when a car bomb exploded near a market in Baghdad`s southeastern suburbs of Nahrwan. That attack killed six people and wounded 17.
Later, car bombs exploded in markets and busy streets in different parts of Baghdad and near the Iraqi capital, killing a total of 14 people and wounding scores.
Medical officials confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
Violence has been on the rise in Iraq this year amid political and sectarian tensions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery