Car bombs kill 20 people in Iraq: Officials
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a wave of car bombs, mainly targeting markets in and near Baghdad, has killed 20 people and wounded dozens.
Police officials say the deadliest among today`s attacks came before sunset, when a car bomb exploded near a market in Baghdad`s southeastern suburbs of Nahrwan. That attack killed six people and wounded 17.
Later, car bombs exploded in markets and busy streets in different parts of Baghdad and near the Iraqi capital, killing a total of 14 people and wounding scores.
Medical officials confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
Violence has been on the rise in Iraq this year amid political and sectarian tensions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH