Car bombs kill nine civilians in Iraqi capital
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a string of car bombings has hit commercial areas in Baghdad, killing at least nine people.
Police says all today`s bombs were in parked cars. The deadliest two were in the eastern neighborhood of Jamila and northern neighborhood of Kazimiyah. In each at least three civilians were killed. A total of 22 civilians were wounded in these attacks.
Police added that other explosives-laden cars went off in the central Karrada area, the northern Shaab neighborhood and the eastern Batol neighborhood. In total, three civilians were killed and 26 wounded.
Medical officials confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
The bombings came a day after 34 people were killed in multiple explosions, mainly in the heart of Baghdad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016