Car bombs kill nine civilians in Iraqi capital
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a string of car bombings has hit commercial areas in Baghdad, killing at least nine people.
Police says all today`s bombs were in parked cars. The deadliest two were in the eastern neighborhood of Jamila and northern neighborhood of Kazimiyah. In each at least three civilians were killed. A total of 22 civilians were wounded in these attacks.
Police added that other explosives-laden cars went off in the central Karrada area, the northern Shaab neighborhood and the eastern Batol neighborhood. In total, three civilians were killed and 26 wounded.
Medical officials confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
The bombings came a day after 34 people were killed in multiple explosions, mainly in the heart of Baghdad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living