Car bombs kill nine civilians in Iraqi capital
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a string of car bombings has hit commercial areas in Baghdad, killing at least nine people.
Police says all today`s bombs were in parked cars. The deadliest two were in the eastern neighborhood of Jamila and northern neighborhood of Kazimiyah. In each at least three civilians were killed. A total of 22 civilians were wounded in these attacks.
Police added that other explosives-laden cars went off in the central Karrada area, the northern Shaab neighborhood and the eastern Batol neighborhood. In total, three civilians were killed and 26 wounded.
Medical officials confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
The bombings came a day after 34 people were killed in multiple explosions, mainly in the heart of Baghdad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey