Car bombs kill nine civilians in Iraqi capital
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a string of car bombings has hit commercial areas in Baghdad, killing at least nine people.
Police says all today`s bombs were in parked cars. The deadliest two were in the eastern neighborhood of Jamila and northern neighborhood of Kazimiyah. In each at least three civilians were killed. A total of 22 civilians were wounded in these attacks.
Police added that other explosives-laden cars went off in the central Karrada area, the northern Shaab neighborhood and the eastern Batol neighborhood. In total, three civilians were killed and 26 wounded.
Medical officials confirmed the casualty figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
The bombings came a day after 34 people were killed in multiple explosions, mainly in the heart of Baghdad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’