Car crash kills 14 in southern Egypt
Assuit(Egypt): An Egyptian security official says a speeding truck collided with a minibus on a highway in the country`s south, killing 14 people and injuring 13 others.
The official says the accident took place today morning on the Assiut desert road, 320 kilometers south of Cairo.
He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the press.
Egypt has been hit in recent months by a series of deadly accidents that have sparked criticism of President Mohammed Morsi for not moving quickly to remedy the negligence and corruption that plagued government institutions under his predecessor, ousted leader Hosni Mubarak.
Last week, a train derailment killed 19 in Cairo and a building collapse killed 26 in the port city of Alexandria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea