Car runs into tourists in Poland, 22 injured
Warsaw: Twenty-two individuals were injured after a Honda car ran into a group of tourists in Polish seaside resort of Sopot, Xinhua reported Sunday.
The incident occurred Saturday midnight as the car first entered the promenade, then ran into the wooden pier and turned back, a media report said. Three suffered serious injuries to the limbs or on skull and face.
The detained person was sober, however presumably on drugs. He is most probably going to face a charge of causing a disaster in land traffic.
Drugged drivers are becoming a serious problem in Poland, next to drunk driving. This year, 505 people under the influence of narcotics have been caught.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"