Car runs into tourists in Poland, 22 injured
Warsaw: Twenty-two individuals were injured after a Honda car ran into a group of tourists in Polish seaside resort of Sopot, Xinhua reported Sunday.
The incident occurred Saturday midnight as the car first entered the promenade, then ran into the wooden pier and turned back, a media report said. Three suffered serious injuries to the limbs or on skull and face.
The detained person was sober, however presumably on drugs. He is most probably going to face a charge of causing a disaster in land traffic.
Drugged drivers are becoming a serious problem in Poland, next to drunk driving. This year, 505 people under the influence of narcotics have been caught.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family