Car runs into tourists in Poland, 22 injured
Warsaw: Twenty-two individuals were injured after a Honda car ran into a group of tourists in Polish seaside resort of Sopot, Xinhua reported Sunday.
The incident occurred Saturday midnight as the car first entered the promenade, then ran into the wooden pier and turned back, a media report said. Three suffered serious injuries to the limbs or on skull and face.
The detained person was sober, however presumably on drugs. He is most probably going to face a charge of causing a disaster in land traffic.
Drugged drivers are becoming a serious problem in Poland, next to drunk driving. This year, 505 people under the influence of narcotics have been caught.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends