Car runs into tourists in Poland, 22 injured
Warsaw: Twenty-two individuals were injured after a Honda car ran into a group of tourists in Polish seaside resort of Sopot, Xinhua reported Sunday.
The incident occurred Saturday midnight as the car first entered the promenade, then ran into the wooden pier and turned back, a media report said. Three suffered serious injuries to the limbs or on skull and face.
The detained person was sober, however presumably on drugs. He is most probably going to face a charge of causing a disaster in land traffic.
Drugged drivers are becoming a serious problem in Poland, next to drunk driving. This year, 505 people under the influence of narcotics have been caught.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?