Car used by Kenya mall attackers found: Official
Nairobi: Investigators have recovered a vehicle believed to have been used by the terrorists who led the attack at a Nairobi mall that killed at least 67 people, a top Kenyan government official said on Friday.
They are also building the profile of a man who warned a pregnant woman at the mall to flee for her own safety moments before Saturday`s attack, he said.
Investigators are tracing the car`s ownership after it was retrieved outside the mall, the official said on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to reveal such details while the investigation is ongoing.
They are looking at more vehicles that may have been used by the attackers, he said, but gave no more details.
An Associated Press reporter saw a group of Kenyan and foreign investigators inspecting a silver saloon car parked about 20 meters from the mall`s main entrance.
The car`s trunk was open as the investigators took pictures and notes, but it was impossible to tell what exactly they were seeing.
Kenyan police have given little information since the attack that shocked this East African nation, saying the investigation has only just began into the storming of the mall on Saturday by Islamic militants throwing grenades and using assault rifles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read