Car used by Kenya mall attackers found: Official
Nairobi: Investigators have recovered a vehicle believed to have been used by the terrorists who led the attack at a Nairobi mall that killed at least 67 people, a top Kenyan government official said on Friday.
They are also building the profile of a man who warned a pregnant woman at the mall to flee for her own safety moments before Saturday`s attack, he said.
Investigators are tracing the car`s ownership after it was retrieved outside the mall, the official said on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to reveal such details while the investigation is ongoing.
They are looking at more vehicles that may have been used by the attackers, he said, but gave no more details.
A reporter saw a group of Kenyan and foreign investigators inspecting a silver saloon car parked about 20 meters from the mall`s main entrance.
The car`s trunk was open as the investigators took pictures and notes, but it was impossible to tell what exactly they were seeing.
Kenyan police have given little information since the attack that shocked this East African nation, saying the investigation has only just began into the storming of the mall on Saturday by Islamic militants throwing grenades and using assault rifles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post