Car used by Kenya mall attackers found: Official
Nairobi: Investigators have recovered a vehicle believed to have been used by the terrorists who led the attack at a Nairobi mall that killed at least 67 people, a top Kenyan government official said on Friday.
They are also building the profile of a man who warned a pregnant woman at the mall to flee for her own safety moments before Saturday`s attack, he said.
Investigators are tracing the car`s ownership after it was retrieved outside the mall, the official said on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to reveal such details while the investigation is ongoing.
They are looking at more vehicles that may have been used by the attackers, he said, but gave no more details.
A reporter saw a group of Kenyan and foreign investigators inspecting a silver saloon car parked about 20 meters from the mall`s main entrance.
The car`s trunk was open as the investigators took pictures and notes, but it was impossible to tell what exactly they were seeing.
Kenyan police have given little information since the attack that shocked this East African nation, saying the investigation has only just began into the storming of the mall on Saturday by Islamic militants throwing grenades and using assault rifles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick