Car used by Kenya mall attackers found: Official
Nairobi: Investigators have recovered a vehicle believed to have been used by the terrorists who led the attack at a Nairobi mall that killed at least 67 people, a top Kenyan government official said on Friday.
They are also building the profile of a man who warned a pregnant woman at the mall to flee for her own safety moments before Saturday`s attack, he said.
Investigators are tracing the car`s ownership after it was retrieved outside the mall, the official said on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to reveal such details while the investigation is ongoing.
They are looking at more vehicles that may have been used by the attackers, he said, but gave no more details.
A reporter saw a group of Kenyan and foreign investigators inspecting a silver saloon car parked about 20 meters from the mall`s main entrance.
The car`s trunk was open as the investigators took pictures and notes, but it was impossible to tell what exactly they were seeing.
Kenyan police have given little information since the attack that shocked this East African nation, saying the investigation has only just began into the storming of the mall on Saturday by Islamic militants throwing grenades and using assault rifles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?