Cargo of missiles, explosives leaves Finland
Helsinki: Finnish officials say that an impounded cargo of 69 Patriot missiles — en route from Germany to South Korea — and 160 tons of explosives has left Finland.
The British-flagged M/S Thor Liberty that arrived in Finland last month was held in the southern Finnish port of Kotka after authorities discovered the surface-to-air missiles that lacked required transit documents. Handlers also said that the explosive picric acid was not packed properly.
Police and customs lifted the embargo on Thursday after an investigation cleared the cargo`s passage.
Kotka port pilot Matti Tauru said on Friday that the Thor Liberty left during the night with all documents in order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported