Cargo of missiles, explosives leaves Finland
Helsinki: Finnish officials say that an impounded cargo of 69 Patriot missiles — en route from Germany to South Korea — and 160 tons of explosives has left Finland.
The British-flagged M/S Thor Liberty that arrived in Finland last month was held in the southern Finnish port of Kotka after authorities discovered the surface-to-air missiles that lacked required transit documents. Handlers also said that the explosive picric acid was not packed properly.
Police and customs lifted the embargo on Thursday after an investigation cleared the cargo`s passage.
Kotka port pilot Matti Tauru said on Friday that the Thor Liberty left during the night with all documents in order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?