Cargo plane chunk breaks off, falls in Miami
Houston: An 18-feet long chunk of a cargo plane broke off and crashed into a parking lot in the Miami International Airport on Friday but miraculously nobody was hurt.
The portion of the plane broke off as it began its descent into the airport, landing in the Doral mall parking lot, without hitting "anyone" or "anything", authorities said.
“The plane landed safely after the incident as the piece of the plane fell over a tree," the Miami Herald reported.
"We got lucky today... If this had been on a weekend, this would have been a real problem," said Police Chief Ricardo Gomez.
Jorge Tadeo, who was sitting in a car in the parking lot when the aircraft piece landed, said: "There was a loud thunder and it looked like something that blew off a truck or something".
"You look at the piece and its shaped like a wing... No one thinks of a plane falling," he said.
The Atlas Air Cargo 747 had left Santiago in Chile, and was on its final approach to the runway when the piece fell into the parking lot, said a spokeswoman for the Federal Aviation Administration, which is investigating the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'