‘Cargo ship with 21 crew missing in S China Sea’
Seoul: A cargo ship is believed to have sunk
in the South China Sea on Monday leaving 21 crew missing, South
Korea`s Yonhap news agency reported.
The 15,000-tonne ship ceased to be contactable after
leaving Penang in Malaysia, but four crew were rescued by Hong
Kong and Vietnam maritime police, the report said.
The missing include nine South Koreans, it said, without
giving further details.
"The ship is presumed to have sunken... we are closely
cooperating with Hong Kong and Vietnam maritime police for
search of the other crewmen," an official at Seoul`s foreign
ministry was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border