Carla Bruni-Sarkozy expecting a boy: Report
London: French First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy is expecting a boy, a media report said Monday quoting a close friend of President Nicolas Sarkozy.
The revelation comes just days after the French president`s father let slip his daughter-in-law is pregnant, according to the Daily Telegraph.
Jacques Seguela, an advertising tycoon who brought the presidential couple together in 2007 at a dinner party, disclosed the sex of the child in an interview with a Belgian newspaper.
He told Brussels daily Le Soir: "I have it on good authority that the baby will be a boy."
It will be the couple`s first child. France`s 43-year-old first lady already has a nine-year-old son, Aurelien, with the media philosopher Raphaël Enthoven.
Sarkozy, 55, has two sons, Pierre, 25, and Jean, 23, from his first marriage to Marie-Dominique Culioli, who he divorced in 1996, the Telegraph said. He has a 13-year-old son Louis from his second marriage to Cecilia Ciganer-Albeniz, who he divorced in 2007.
Seguela`s revelation about the sex of their baby came a week after the president`s 83-year-old father Pal Sarkozy announced he was "mad with joy" that they were expecting a child, the Telegraph said.
"They do not want to know the sex of the baby in advance, but I`m sure it will be a girl and she will be as beautiful as Carla," it quoted him as saying. Bruni-Sarkozy has not personally confirmed she is pregnant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts