Castro blasts NATO`s `fascist war` in Libya
Havana: Cuban leader Fidel Castro branded
international military action in Libya a "fascist war" on Tuesday,
and urged strongman Muammar Gaddafi to fight back to "his last
"If Gaddafi honours his people`s traditions and
decides to fight to the last breath as promised with the
Libyans who are facing the worst ever bombing a country has
ever suffered, it will spell a mire of shame to NATO and its
criminal projects," Castro wrote in an article published in
The 84-year-old retired communist leader, who has
visited Libya and met with Gaddafi several times, said he was
speaking "freely" because he does not share the Libyan ruler`s
"political views or religious character."
In his article titled "NATO`s Fascist War," Castro --
a US foe long in Washington`s crosshairs -- compared the
Libyan bombing campaign to raids conducted by Nazi pilots
against Spain in 1936.
"Now, the criminal and discredited NATO is telling a
`beautiful` story about its `humanitarian` bombing," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read