Cathay jet makes emergency landing in Moscow
Hong Kong: Cathay Pacific Airways says one
of its jets was forced to make an emergency landing in Moscow
after smoke was detected in the cockpit.
The Hong Kong-based airline said the Boeing 747-400 was
about four hours into its flight from London to Hong Kong when
the pilot was forced to land in Moscow on Saturday morning.
Cathay said none of the 197 passengers or 21 crew were
injured. The airline did not say what caused the smoke. Hong
Kong broadcaster RTHK said passengers on board reported that
people sitting near the cockpit were moved farther away
because of the smoke.
The incident is similar to one earlier this month at
Shanghai`s airport, when a Cathay 747 preparing to take off
was evacuated because of smoke in the cabin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 22 runs, march into playoffs
- Three men held for attacking BJP MP Tarun Vijay
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter
- Submarine deployed to find crashed jet's black boxes: Egypt PM
- Transform your look with different capes this season!