Cease-fire with Hamas a mistake, says Israeli FM
Jerusalem: Israel`s foreign minister says that working toward a cease fire with Hamas is a "grave mistake" and that his country should try to topple the militant Gaza rulers instead.
Avigdor Lieberman`s remarks come as international mediators try to halt new fighting between Israel and Hamas that escalated dramatically last week to the most intense confrontation between the two since Israel`s war in the Palestinian territory in late December 2008.
After a lull overnight, Lieberman told Israel Radio on Monday that Hamas exploits calm to build its fighting force and smuggle in weapons to use against Israel.
The military says Palestinians have fired more than 130 rockets and mortar shells into southern Israel since Thursday. Israeli reprisals have killed 19 Palestinians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi