Central African Republic clashes kill 23: Army
Bangui (Central African Republic): Clashes between armed civilians and the rebels who now control Central African Republic have left at least 23 people dead in a remote village in the country`s northwest, a top military official said today.
Already the waves of attacks on villages in Ouham province have forced more than 170,000 people to flee their homes, according to the UN humanitarian agency.
Fresh violence erupted early today in the town of Gaga, about 120 miles (200 kilometers) northwest of the capital, Army Gen. Mahamat Bahar said.
It was not immediately possible to independently corroborate the military`s death toll of 23 in the remote and instable area, though other witnesses said at least twice that many people had died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof