Charity events and global celebrations set to mark Mandela`s 95th birthday
Melbourne: The critically ill anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela may still have be confined to his Pretoria hospital bed even as the world prepares to celebrate his 95th birthday on July 18.
The United Nations in 2010 had declared the Nobel peace laureate`s birthday as Mandela Day to encourage people across the world to do good deeds.
According to News.com.au, a campaign in memory of Mandela`s 67 years of political activism is being organized where volunteers will spend 67 minutes on hundreds of community upliftment projects, a minute dedicated for every year of his activism.
The inauguration of the Nelson Mandela Legacy Bridge is also scheduled at the icon`s birth village, Mvezo, in the rural Eastern Cape province on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief