Chavez interested in buying Russia`s Su-35 fighter
Caracas: Venezuela`s President Hugo Chavez has expressed interest in acquiring Russia`s multipurpose fighters Su-35.
"I`ve sent a message to the Russian authorities demonstrating our interest in assessing opportunities for buying Su-35 fighters in the near future.
"We need to continue modernisation of our defence power," he said during his visit to Captain Manuel Rios Aerial Base on Wednesday.
"Security, defence and development of our country should be our paramount concern to guarantee the country`s independence that our revolution restored," Chavez said.
"Who could think that one day we will have in our fleet most modern fighters in the world? And now we have them.
"In 2006 the Venezuelan government signed a contract with Russia`s Sukhoi Aircraft Company to buy 24 multipurpose Su-30 fighters that that country now has in its fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar