Chavez opponents rally supporters ahead of vote
Caracas: Venezuelan opposition presidential contender Pablo Perez is urging public employees to join his supporters and vote in a Sunday primary election that will choose a single challenger to face President Hugo Chavez.
The opposition coalition has accused the government of pressuring public employees not to vote in the primary, which is open to all of Venezuela`s 18 million registered voters. The opposition has not provided evidence for its claim.
Perez is governor of western Zulia state and said at a rally as campaigning closed on Thursday that he has gained support among the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report