Chavez opponents rally supporters ahead of vote
Caracas: Venezuelan opposition presidential contender Pablo Perez is urging public employees to join his supporters and vote in a Sunday primary election that will choose a single challenger to face President Hugo Chavez.
The opposition coalition has accused the government of pressuring public employees not to vote in the primary, which is open to all of Venezuela`s 18 million registered voters. The opposition has not provided evidence for its claim.
Perez is governor of western Zulia state and said at a rally as campaigning closed on Thursday that he has gained support among the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred