Chavez opponents rally supporters ahead of vote
Caracas: Venezuelan opposition presidential contender Pablo Perez is urging public employees to join his supporters and vote in a Sunday primary election that will choose a single challenger to face President Hugo Chavez.
The opposition coalition has accused the government of pressuring public employees not to vote in the primary, which is open to all of Venezuela`s 18 million registered voters. The opposition has not provided evidence for its claim.
Perez is governor of western Zulia state and said at a rally as campaigning closed on Thursday that he has gained support among the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic