Chavez recovering ‘satisfactorily’ after cancer surgery: Villegas
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is reportedly making slow but progressive recovery after his recent cancer surgery that took place earlier this week, Communication minister Ernesto Villegas said.
Villegas termed the recovery of Chavez as ‘satisfactory’, as per BBC report. Villegas expressed hope earlier about the president returning home for his January 10 swearing-in for a new six-year term, but said in a written message on a government website that if Chavez doesn`t make it, "our people should be prepared to understand it”.
Chavez underwent his fourth cancer-related operation in Havana after announcing that tests had found the illness had come back despite previous operations, chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
Chavez has kept secret some details about the pelvic cancer, including the type and location of the tumours that have been removed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack