Chavez recovering ‘satisfactorily’ after cancer surgery: Villegas
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is reportedly making slow but progressive recovery after his recent cancer surgery that took place earlier this week, Communication minister Ernesto Villegas said.
Villegas termed the recovery of Chavez as ‘satisfactory’, as per BBC report. Villegas expressed hope earlier about the president returning home for his January 10 swearing-in for a new six-year term, but said in a written message on a government website that if Chavez doesn`t make it, "our people should be prepared to understand it”.
Chavez underwent his fourth cancer-related operation in Havana after announcing that tests had found the illness had come back despite previous operations, chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
Chavez has kept secret some details about the pelvic cancer, including the type and location of the tumours that have been removed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling