Chavez recovering ‘satisfactorily’ after cancer surgery: Villegas
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is reportedly making slow but progressive recovery after his recent cancer surgery that took place earlier this week, Communication minister Ernesto Villegas said.
Villegas termed the recovery of Chavez as ‘satisfactory’, as per BBC report. Villegas expressed hope earlier about the president returning home for his January 10 swearing-in for a new six-year term, but said in a written message on a government website that if Chavez doesn`t make it, "our people should be prepared to understand it”.
Chavez underwent his fourth cancer-related operation in Havana after announcing that tests had found the illness had come back despite previous operations, chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
Chavez has kept secret some details about the pelvic cancer, including the type and location of the tumours that have been removed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!