Chavez to return to Venezuela after medical tests
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez says he is returning to his country on Thursday after undergoing a series of medical tests in Cuba.
A message on Chavez`s Twitter account says he will travel directly to the southwestern town of La Grita to "keep a promise" at a church where there is an image of Christ well known to Venezuelans.
Venezuelan Energy Minister Rafael Ramirez told state television that it would be a visit of "faith, hope and giving thanks" by the President.
Chavez underwent surgery in Cuba in June to remove a cancerous tumour from his pelvic region.
The 57-year-old President has since finished with a series of chemotherapy treatments and says he is confident he will beat the illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list