Chavez to return to Venezuela after medical tests
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez says he is returning to his country on Thursday after undergoing a series of medical tests in Cuba.
A message on Chavez`s Twitter account says he will travel directly to the southwestern town of La Grita to "keep a promise" at a church where there is an image of Christ well known to Venezuelans.
Venezuelan Energy Minister Rafael Ramirez told state television that it would be a visit of "faith, hope and giving thanks" by the President.
Chavez underwent surgery in Cuba in June to remove a cancerous tumour from his pelvic region.
The 57-year-old President has since finished with a series of chemotherapy treatments and says he is confident he will beat the illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj