Chavez’s body ‘unlikely’ to be embalmed
London: It is highly unlikely that the body of former Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez will be embalmed, acting President Nicolas Maduro has said.
Earlier, Maduro had suggested it would be preserved and displayed like Lenin, Ho Chi Minh and Mao Zedong.
Maduro said Russian experts thought it would probably not be possible, as the body had not been properly prepared in time and now there were complexities in preserving it, the BBC reports.
Meanwhile, the official mourning period has been extended until Friday.
After Chavez’ death on March 5, the government had declared seven days of official mourning.
Maduro, who is running for President in the April 14 elections, commented on the deceased leader`s embalming during a speech.
He said that Russian and German scientists who arrived to embalm Chavez said that it was very difficult, because the process should have started earlier, immediately and now it was not possible.
He added that they were in the middle of the process, and it is complicated.
Earlier in the week, Venezuelan officials said they would set up an inquiry to investigate suspicions that Chavez was murdered by foreign agencies, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter