Chavez`s cancer not affecting popularity: Poll
Caracas: A poll in Venezuela says President Hugo Chavez`s public approval rating remains at 50 percent and has not significantly varied since his cancer diagnosis.
The Caracas polling firm Datanalisis surveyed 1,300 people earlier this month, giving the poll a margin error of about 2½ percentage points.
A survey in June by the polling firm had a similar result, with 52 percent expressing approval of Chavez.
Pollster Luis Vicente Leon says the President`s popularity has hovered around that level for two years.
Leon says Chavez`s June 30 announcement that he underwent cancer surgery hasn`t affected his standing. He says the results show "the illness is not a variable”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'